Lynne M. Flood, DVMDIAH on Wheels President
Dr. Flood is the owning veterinarian of Daniel Island Animal Hospital which she opened in January of 2004. She holds a BA from Wake Forest University and her BS and DVM from Kansas State University. She loves animals of all types and enjoys working with owners to keep their pets healthy and happy. Her passion is caring for our older patients; helping them feel better for longer.
- Favorite Part of DIAH: “The clients (pet owners) and staff are the best!”
- Family: Husband – Richard; 3 children – Daniel (Nederland, CO), Thomas and Leah; The Floods have 4 dogs in their home – Snowman, Reese, Merle and Pippa. Four cats allow the Floods to reside with them – Zipporah, Elsie, Chloe and Crookshanks!
- Hobbies: Traveling, cycling, running and hiking
- Fun Facts: Has lived on Daniel Island since July 1998; Spent four years in the US Army Transportation Corps (and lived in Germany) between college and vet school
- Memberships: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Trident Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA), South Carolina Association of Veterinarians (SCAV), International Veterinary Association of Pain Management (IVAPM), Association of Veterinary Family Practice (AVFP)
Bridget Luke, DVM
Dr. Luke is a 1997 graduate of the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine and holds a BS in Biology from UNC-Wilmington. After working with horses in a large animal practice in Oregon, she moved to James Island and began at our practice in 2005. Her areas of interest include obesity in pets, ultrasonography and cardiology.
- Family: Husband – Gordon (also a vet!); a 6 year-old daughter and 4 year-old son; 3 cats – Einstein, VooDoo and Smudge; and 2 dogs – Bubbles and Oliver
- Fun Facts: Dr. Luke is an army brat and the youngest of 4 sisters. Her retirement dream is to have a goat farm.
- Hobbies: Learning to surf, gardening, playing outside and camping/hiking.
- Favorite Part of DIAH: “The camaraderie of the staff that makes each day pleasurable. We all seem to have each other’s backs and truly enjoy our jobs. The pets and clients of DIAH are a wonderful community to be a part of.”
- Memberships: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Trident Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA), South Carolina Veterinary Associations (SCVA)
Allison Chappell, DVM
Dr. Chappell is a 2003 graduate of Tuskegee University College of Veterinary Medicine and earned a BS in Animal Science from Clemson University. She began practicing at DIAH in 2007 and has enjoyed creating close bonds with her patients and their families. Her areas of interest include dermatology and internal medicine.
- Why She Became a Vet: “Compassion for all God’s creatures.”
- Family: Husband – Laban; a 5 year-old daughter - Conner and 3 year-old son - Coleman; 2 dogs – Buster and Sophie; and a cat – Taz
- Hobbies: Cooking, traveling, hanging out with family and exercising.
- Fun Fact: “I’m a true Charlestonian: 7 generations of my family have been born here.”
- Memberships: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Trident Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA), South Carolina Association of Veterinarians (SCAV), Marine Mammal Stranding Network
Katie Rainwater, DVM
Dr. Rainwater joined our practice 2008 after completing an internship at Georgia Veterinary Specialists in Atlanta. In addition to her DVM from the University of California at Davis, she also holds a BS in Biology and MA in Physiology and Behavioral Biology. Her areas of interest include wellness, preventive care and dentistry.
- Family: Husband – Thomas; Newborn son - Talon; 2 cats – Fireplace and Dexter; and a California King Snake – Charlie
- Hobbies: Standup paddle boarding, canoeing, traveling and reading.
- Fun Facts: First love was entomology; Former PEZ dispenser collector
- Favorite Quote: “It’s not procrastinating if you put it off right away!” ~unknown
- Memberships: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Trident Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA), South Carolina Association of Veterinarians (SCAV), Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV), Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)
Matthew J. Hosking, DVM
Dr. Hosking is the newest addition to the DIAH team, moving from New York state to joing our hospital in March of 2013. He is a recent graduate of Ross University's School of Veterinary Medicine and completed his undergraduate work at the University of Delaware. His areas of interest include surgery and dermatology.
- Family: 2 dogs - King and Goose
- Why He Became a Vet: "I couldn't imagine doing anything else."
- Hobbies: "Traveling, weight lifing, hiking, tennis, going to the beach with my pups...essentially any activity outside."
- Fun Facts: The first surgeries he performed were in underdeveloped areas of Nicaragua and Honduras.
- Memberships: American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Trident Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA), South Carolina Association of Veterinarians (SCAV), Josh and Friends